Monday, February 28, 2011

Just Under the Wire

OK- so I stated on Facebook last month that one of my resolutions this year was to update the blog at least once a month. Well, wouldn't you know it here we are with only two hours left in February and I haven't posted anything yet this month. And I have nothing exciting to report....But, I'm going to do something different this year and try to stick to at least one of my resolutions. (The other, which was to do a better job at being on time when I go places is working out...okay....)

Highlights of the month:

Isaac jumped off the diving board all by himself. This is a major feat as he would hardly put his face in the water the last time he was in swimming lessons (July). I wish I would have captured the scene on video as he slowly shuffled to the edge of the board, peering suspiciously at MacKenzie Wenner, who was in the water down below waiting to catch him. But to our surprise she counted to three and off he went! No 10 minutes of coaxing, only to end with one lifeguard lowering him down into the arms of the other, while the other parents with dare devil children give you the sympathetic "I'm sure he'll do it next time" look. Way to go Isaac!

Here is a picture of Signe's basketball team, and Coach Steve (and "Assistant Coach" Isaac) who went 3-0 this past weekend at the Sleepy Eye 4th Grade Jamboree. Way to go girls!



I am still training for the Irish for a Day 10-mile race on March 12th. And, even though there's now only 1 1/2 hours of February left, I'm seriously considering taking Trisha up on the offer she gave me at the basketball game tonight of running tomorrow morning at 5:00 AM! I'm not sure my body knows what to do at that time of the day, but I guess we'll see!

Whew! Well, that takes care of February! March promises to be more exciting I'm sure. Steve turns 39 (like the real 39, not like the way I say I'm still 29), I'm running a couple races, and no doubt Isaac will do or say something note-worthy (like this morning when he came out of the bathroom and told me he forgot to poop). I'd like to say you'll see that updated before March 31st at 10:30 pm, but really, who am I kidding anyway....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Alger's!! Great job at the basketball tourney Sig! Sure does bring a smile to my face with anything with girls basketball (I miss coaching alot!) Nice hair cut by the way Coach Alg... I am very fond of it... hope all is well... looking forward to May so we can all share stories around the ole Memorial campfire.