Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer

OK, somebody pinch me. Is it REALLY almost the 4th of July? My friend Heidi reminded me on Tuesday morning as we were out running that the days are now getting shorter. Great. Summer is finally arriving and now we'll have less of it to enjoy. Minnesota (in my best Newman voice).

Those of you keeping up on my New Years resolution have surely realized by now that I'm not keeping up with my New Years resolution....Posting on the blog once a month? Not happening. I think about it every so often, does that count for anything?

Anyway...here are some photos/updates of the summer so far:

Steve- got a new job. Instead of being the Dean of Students, while still teaching and coaching, he will now be the Dean of Students/Activities Director. I'm still going through the withdrawal of not being a coaches wife anymore. Not that I necessarily embrace the title, but what can I say? It's all I've known for the last eight years. And I don't have a photo to go along with this. Maybe I'll capture a "first day of school" photo in August :)Oh yes, and as a bittersweet ending to his coaching career, he helped coach the Girls Track team to a State Class A Title. I DO have a picture for that:


Head Coach, Jeff Portugue, and Assistant Coach Steve

Signe- swimming, swimming, swimming, and playing tennis. Surprisingly, I don't have any swimming photos because the only meet we've been to Steve and I timed for the events. Hard to hold a timer, clip board AND camera.

Isaac- Learning the ins and outs of Tball, though is a little perplexed as to how they can play a game and nobody wins at the end....We're a little perplexed about some of his fielding techniques:



and



But he does have a pretty sweet swing:



Since it's still June, the last day of June to be exact, it appears I have only missed two months of posting. So what have I been doing in that time? I ran a couple 1/2 marathons and a 5K with Signe. When I am not running in normal "Chelsea running" style, I am letting my running friends talk me into all sorts of crazy things, like running up hills, going to spinning class, and going to strength classes which render me immobile from the waist up for 3-4 days. I always thought I resisted peer pressure better than that. Here's a picture of some of us at the Minneapolis Marathon and Half Marathon on June 5th:


Suzie, Brenda, Shannon, me, Heidi

Since July is, um, tomorrow, I guess I better start reeling the creative juices again right away. Happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Fun to read Chelsea! :) Proud of you! Happy rest of your summer...